NOW: Here's what I'm up to lately
- After three weeks in Bozeman, Montana I stopped off in New York and gorgeous Montauk....en route to Phoenix where I am looking forward to being for five full days in the company of a tribe of ambitious and entrepreneurial peeps at PLF '16 (PLF = Product Launch Formula) led by the legendary Jeff Walker at PLF '16. Jeff is the New York Times best selling author of 'LAUNCH' and a peer of Brendon Bruchard and Eben Pagan, the trio of famous on-line marketing gurus who are invested in imparting their expertise.
- Working on moving beyond the lasting effects of my 'day job' ..... leaving behind my company to shift my focus to creating what’s next. And that means going back to the basics, starting with 'The Artist's Way' by Julie Cameron and disciplining myself to produce daily morning pages. Getting the noise out of your head and on to the paper truly makes space for creativity
- Totally inspired by Charles Duhigg's most recent book 'Smarter, Faster, Better'. If you enjoyed 'The Power of Habit', this will blow your socks off. The book title is misleading, in my view, in that at its core the book is about creativity, successful teams and basic facts about group think and tunnel vision and how to avoid them in your life and in your work and leadership.
- So inspired by Seth Godin’s latest, greatest book ‘What to Do When It’s Your Turn’ that I gifted 10 copies to a few friends and several people I barely know.
- Currently reading 'The War of Art' by Steven Pressfield and the Google Bible 'Work Rules' by Laszo Bock. Also on my bedside table are 'Presence' by Amy Cuddy (author of the 2nd most viewed Ted Talk ever) and 'The Art of Learning' by Josh Waitzkin (the chess prodigy on whom the movie 'Searching for Bobby Fischer' is based)
- Thinking, writing and riffing about personal and professional (re)-invention and what it means to (re)-negotiate, (re)-evaluate and (re)-define one’s relationship with their life and work. How to take a wealth of knowledge and experiences and create something new without throwing the baby out with the bathwater ? How to make it all come together in a way that makes you jump out of bed in the morning ? In short, how to (re)-imaging what's possible....
- Staying closely connect with like-minded peeps, communities, mentors and mastermind groups: Emerging Women, Tara Mohr's Playing Big, Jeff Walker, Jonathan Field and Good Life Project.
- Working towards creating a community that wants to expand and explore what's possible with me. Stay tuned + stay connected !